Our walking club is a member of the American Volkssport Association (AVA), also known as “AVA: America’s Walking Club”. That means access to nearly 4,000 walks put on by clubs across the country!
Use the AVA website to search by state listing, by interactive map or by typing a name. The “Search by State” option can be filtered by criteria, such as Traditional or Year Round Events or by length of route or rating.
The AVA is divided into regions, and our club is part of the North Central Region (NCR). Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin comprise the NCR. Many NCR walks are published in our newsletter. Here are links to other NCR clubs’ websites:
- For walks in Iowa, see Iowa’s Walking Club.
- For walks in South Dakota, see the Black Hills Volkssport Association and the Prairie Wanderers.
- North Dakota’s clubs do not have websites. To contact those clubs, click on the club listings from AVA’s website for North Dakota
- For walks in Minnesota, see Twin Cities’ Volkssports, the Lake Country Wanderers, and the NorthStar Trail Travelers.
- For walks in Wisconsin, see the Madison Area Volkssport Association, aka the Dairyland Walkers, at Dairyland Walkers Calendar.
Nearby Kansas and Missouri are not part of the NCR and we don’t get regular updates from them. Both states have active walking clubs with events, often only 2 – 3 hours’ drive from Omaha.
To contact those clubs, click on the club listings from AVA’s website for Kansas and Missouri. Clay-Platte Trackers of Kansas City, Missouri has their own website, with links to many other regional events.Follow us on social media: