The Nebraska Wander Freunde Trailblazers is working with Iowa’s Walking Club (Greater Des Moines Volkssport Association) to celebrate the Iowa State Parks Centennial in 2020. 20 different walks in 20 different Iowa State Parks in 20 different counties – in 2020! These walks will be available from May 1st through October 15th of 2020.
UPDATES (as of August 7):
- Stephens State Forest – Group Walk – September 26th at 10 a.m.
- Geode State Park – Walk Box has been moved to Shelter 1
- Lake Darling – 10k route closed for construction; 5k route still open. Walk Box at the Park Office
- The North Central Regional Roundup (Oct 2nd and 3rd), featuring Lake Anita, Prairie Rose and Lake Manawa State Parks has been CANCELED.
- All trails are open and campgrounds and toilets have been reopened., but water may not be available. More information and guidelines can be found here: https://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go/State-Parks
The interactive map below uses Google Maps to show you the locations of each of those 20 walks. Click on the icon in the upper right hand corner to expand the map. Click on any of the pins on the map to get directions to the Start Point and for a link to AVA Event Details. (Use the “right-turn arrow” at the top of the new page to go directly to Google Maps directions.)