It’s hard to keep track of everything that’s changing, isn’t it! Our crack reporter and newsletter editor Julie put together another great newsletter – and in the last couple of days, we’ve got more news and updates to pass along to you.
First, the newsletter: NWFT May-June 2020 newsletter
You can download it here: NWFT May – June 2020 newsletter
Now for the updates:
- Our May 9th Traditional Walk, rescheduled from April, is CANCELED.
- No decision has been made at this time about our June 1st Club Meeting.
- 20 Iowa Parks in 2020 seasonal walking program has OPENED as of May 1st. All facilities are not open at the parks until at least May 15th, although one or two toilets may be available. Try to be flexible if you want to walk before the 15th and do follow all Iowa social distancing guidelines.
- Speaking of the Iowa Parks program, Lake Anita State Park’s POC Jill reports that the Start Box is temporarily located inside the Park Office, until the campgrounds open on May 15th.
- Still speaking of the Iowa Parks program, the June 6th Group Walks at Lewis and Clark and Stone State Parks have been CANCELED. These are fantastic walks that you can do on your own, but not with a group at this time. Maybe in the fall?
- Omaha Hanscom Park YRE has REOPENED.
- Omaha Westroads Mall YRE is still CLOSED.
- A New Seasonal Walk, with Little Free Library!, has been ADDED in Southeastern Council Bluffs, courtesy of Sandy Spaulding. Info at: AVA website listing