- For NWFT event listings, check our Event pages.
- For other AVA club events, check their website and find the “Events” item in the menu bar. From there, you can choose “Search Events” and fill in the form. Under the “Event Types” dropdown box, choose “YRE/Seasonal Events Only” – OR – choose the “Interactive Maps – YRE/Seasonal Event” to use a map to locate a YRE Event near you.
- Walk Boxes are often located behind the counter at a business or the event details will say where the box is located (“under a table in the lobby”). Ask for the box and take it to a place where you can access the contents easily.
- Sign the registration log and note your number. That number gets transferred to the Start Card. Fill that out, too.
- Take a map/directions sheet and orient yourself. Look along the directions for the Checkpoint(s), if any. Since the Checkpoint(s) won’t be staffed, they usually consist of answering a question posed at a certain point along the route. An example, “The house at 123 Main Street is what color?” Note: some walks have different sets of directions for 5K and 10K walks, so be sure to take the correct set of directions.
- Some walks require that you return the Start Card to the box, along with payment. Increasingly, clubs are asking that you mail the Start Card and payment to a given address, so look for a pre-addressed envelope.
- If you have to come back to the Walk Box to return the completed Start Card, then stamp your Event and Distance Books (plus any Special Programs) at that time. If you’re taking an envelope (or have to fill one out yourself), go ahead and stamp your books now. 8) Go out and enjoy the walk!
Walk for Fun, Fitness and Friendship in the Omaha and Council Bluffs metro area