We had a very busy club meeting on Monday night!
Upcoming Walks and Meetings:
- Our December 7th bus trip to Le Mars, Iowa is cancelled – but NOT the walk! Club members are still invited to carpool to Le Mars to walk and enjoy the Winter Wonderland festivities. When carpool details and meeting times are finalized, they will be published here and on Facebook and sent by Trail Mail and email. The original deposits for the bus trip will be returned by mail shortly.
- Saturday, November 2nd morning– Lincoln Volkssport Club’s annual Autumn Walk through Wyuka Cemetery and surrounding neighborhoods. Registration times 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m., off the trail by 12:45 p.m. Group 10k walk at 9:30 – email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to lead a group 5k walk. $3 for AVA/IVV Credit, Fun Walkers are free. Registration will take place at the City Impact Building, 1035 N. 33rd Street, Lincoln, NE 68503.
- Sunday, November 3rd – 2 p.m. – Workers’ Walk for the Pie Walk, at Countryside Community Church, 13130 Faith Plaza, Omaha, NE 68144. No bathrooms available at start. Route is two 5k loops. Event Workers are invited to walk at this time and to help test the map and directions.
- Monday, November 4th – 7 p.m.– Club Meeting at Morning Star Lutheran Church (lower level – Preschool Entrance), 331 S. 85th Avenue, Omaha, NE at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 9th morning – Pie Walk. See address above for Countryside Community Church, a member of the Tri-Faith Initiative at 132nd & Pacific Streets. Bring a pie to share and another to donate to a local homeless shelter! Register from 9 a.m. to noon, off the trail by 3 p.m. $2 Fun Walkers, $3 AVA/IVV Credit.
- All 2020 One-Day Walks, Year Rounds and Seasonals have been adopted! New volunteers will be paired up with seasoned Trailmasters soon. Check out our preliminary calendar, here.
- We welcome Diana Webb to the position of Speakers’ Chairman. Ann Drebot has served in that position for many, many years and will be helping Diana with the transition. If you know of any interesting speakers, please email the club at email@example.com for Diana to research.
- Our club needs to find a Secretary for the 2020 club year. Time is of the essence to step forward! Our Board meetings are held before the club meetings; meeting time is limited to that first Monday of the month. Can you help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our newsletter editor, Julie Brown, is coming back for the November-December 2019 edition! Please have articles to her by mid-October.
- Final call for “Walker of the Year” nominations! These are sent to Julie Brown and are needed by mid-October. She has already received nominations for three different people! Our club is blessed with talent and energy – thank you!