The NWFT has 12 Year Round Events (YREs) and is a member of the North Central Region of the AVA, so we get regular information on some other clubs’ traditional events, if they’re in the North Central Region. The North Central Region includes North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota and Iowa. We don’t get regular information on the South Central Region’s events (Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana) but since some of those areas are close to us, we try to update that information as we can. For Traditional Events, click on the Events page.
Details on each of the walks shown in the map above can be found by clicking on the link in the descriptions, below. In Iowa, we offer YREs in Council Bluffs and Shelby. In the greater Omaha Metropolitan Area, we offer YREs in:
- Omaha – Historic, Hanscom Park, Chalco Hills/Wehrspann Lake and Westroads Mall
- Bennington (northwest of Omaha) – Bennington Lakes
- Fremont (more northwest of Omaha than Bennington) – Historic and Fremont Lakes SRA
Along the I-80 corridor, from east to west:
- Lincoln (offered by the Lincoln Volkssport Club): Capital, and Residential
- Seward (offered by the Lincoln Volkssport Club)
- North Platte
- Sidney (offered by the Panhandle Walkers)
In Southeast Nebraska, west of I-29: Nebraska City (offered by the Lincoln Volkssport Club)
North Central Traditional Events: A list of Regional Events will be posted when it is received from our Regional Director; many are published in our newsletter.
- For walks in Iowa, see the Greater Des Moines Volkssport Association.
- For walks in South Dakota, see the Black Hills Volkssport Association and the Prairie Wanderers. (North Dakota has no Traditional Events listed this year, but several Year Round Events.)
- For walks in Minnesota, see Twin Cities’ Volkssports, the Lake Country Wanderers, and the NorthStar Trail Travelers.
- For walks in Wisconsin, see the Madison Area Volkssport Association, aka the Dairyland Walkers, at Dairyland Walkers Calendar.
In Kansas and Missouri: Information on walks offered by other great clubs in Kansas and Missouri can be found by clicking the links to see these club listings from AVA’s website. Clay-Platte Trackers of Kansas City, Missouri has their own website, with links to many other regional events.